For about 10 months I absolutely hated Utah. I couldn't figure out why I moved here, and couldn't wait for the day I could go home. Now, a week before I move home, I'm not sure I'm ready for that. There are so many things I'm looking forward to, but so much I'm going to miss. Who would have thought I would be saying any of this... and crying while I'm doing it. Pathetic I know. Well here it goes... the things I'm going to miss the most...

My BFF Kaylea Dalby. She has changed my life! She is probably the craziest person I know! She is always so happy and tells you exactly how she feels about things - even if it's exactly what you DON'T want to hear. She wears super hot red glasses to work and doesn't care if people make fun of her. She is a surfer - or maybe a snowboarder - I can never remember. She stayed up way past her bedtime to make me feel better if I was having a bad day. She gives the best boy advice because she has been there! She is so easy to talk to and can always make me happy! The best roommate a girl could ask for. She is the friend that every girls needs!


Bree Stewart. Sweetest girl I know. She would do anything for anyone! She has crazy stories to tell and can't tell a story without using her hands! She gets so into it and you actually feel like you are there! She made Thursday my most favorite day of the week. She listens to some of the weirdest music I have heard, but I love it all. I think the first day I talked to her she told me she was Peyton from OTH. This is so true... they are like twins. Teaching her how to board was probably the funniest thing I have ever done. She is hilarious and I'm so going to miss her.

Emily Bale. She was like my second mom - or as she likes to be called Big Sister. She is definitely not old enough to be my mom, but she has helped me so much this past year. I couldn't go to my mom so I would go to Emily. She gives great advice and really makes you think about what you do. She knows so much for how young she is. She has gone through a lot in her life and I really look up to her. I'm so grateful that she was in my class at school... if it wasn't for her I probably would have moved home and given up on Utah. She even says she is coming to my wedding (whenever that happens!)
My room. Yes I know its small, but it was the one place I could go to get away from everything and just be me. I have really come to love this little place of mine.
Dallas Roberts Academy. I am so sick of this place I know its crazy to put it on the list. But it's been my life for the past year and everything that comes with it. The drama, the friends made, the lessons learned, everything. I'm especially going to miss my favorite instructor Kenzi! I have learned so much from her! She has such a passion for hair and it shows through her teaching. She knows so much about color and I hope to one day be more like her. Mandi has become one of my favorite people at school. She is so fun to talk to and makes me laugh every day. All the girls at school have become good friends who I will miss!
There is a lot more about this crazy state I'm going to miss, like the snow when it's almost April, chick-fil-a on Thursdays, grocery shopping, guitar lessons from Matt, streets without names, no DVR ( how much am I really going to miss that-probably not much, but it's part of the experience), and so much more. It's been my home for 13 months how could I not miss it... It's everything I know. My life is an unwritten book and this is just another chapter to add!
I'm gonna miss you, Utah.




7 comments:
awwww...I got teary eyed reading this. I can't believe how much you've grown (not taller) and matured this past year. It has really been the best experience you could probably have had. Even though for a while, it was tough you stuck it out when it seemed impossible and you DID it! I'm so proud of my baby girl!
And I am excited to have you back home again, but worried you'll want to move on to do something more exciting now that you've lived on your own - like try to move to Hawaii or New York or some where else far away.
Remember always that I love you more than you can possibly know and I'm always proud of you! ♥
That was me...I somehow did my comment twice! haha
Wow its crazy your already leaving! Atleast I still get to you see you when I move home but I agree theres lots about Utah that ill miss too even though I complain about it alot too.
Jess, I'm so glad you stuck it out up there! There were times that I wanted you to move home but you did what was best for you and that is great! You don't understand how proud I am of you! You put your mind to something and you stuck to you! I am sure you will find many more crazy adventures back here in the good ol AZ! Glad to have you home soon!
Oh jess youre just the sweetest and rather youre comment was true or not Im going to miss you a ton! You will be great- dont ever doubt that!!!
jesssssss! im gonna miss you like crazy! who would have thought that i would meet my best friend in my apt??? i love you!
Post a Comment